Studies have shown that we can do several things that can make a difference.
- Complete 15 minutes of exercise each day raising your heart rate to a safe level (check with your doctor before doing any new exercise).
- Find a healthy weight and maintain it. Studies show that that losing and gaining 10 pounds 3x or more (yo-yo weight) increased the chance of cardiac issues by 30%.
- Having enthusiasm for hobbies and interests can lead to better brain health and emotional well being. Loneliness is a common cause of lack of enthusiasm.
- Eat a healthy balance of vegetables, fruits, protein, and starches each day. Many people eat the same things over and over. Vary your foods and menu for better health and long-life outcomes.
- Strive for consistent wake and sleep times and ensure you will get about 8 hours of sleep nightly. Continued sleep helps repair the body and brain.
Call us today to explore how we can help achieve your live longer and healthier goals!